Form 990 Filing Checklist
Form 990 Filing Tips Preparation Checklist:
- Determine whether you are eligible to file the Form 990-EZ for 2010.
- File a 990 unless receipts are <$200k and assets less than $500k.
- Organizations with <$50k of receipts can file the simpler 990-N.
- Identify the schedules that you need to complete.
- Identify the key internal stakeholders to involve to complete the form, including finance, program leaders, fundraisers, PR/government relations and HR.
- Assign an internal leader to coordinate 990 preparation.
- Identify your related organizations and ODTKEs (officers, directors, trustees, key employees).
- Determine your overseas and joint venture activities.
- Establish or modify internal systems to prepare for filing season.