Innovative Strategies For Winning Tax Controversies, Business Structuring And Estate Planning

Non-Filing Tax Returns

by | Jul 25, 2005 | Uncategorized

Question: Non-filing of taxes

I have a friend who has not filed tax returns for a lot of years. All of his income comes ”under the table”. I want to help him get out of this situation. He wants to, but says at this point he will end up in jail. What is the best course to follow?

Your friend should IMMEDIATELY contact a Tax Attorney. Because of the potential for criminal liability, your friend needs an attorney and not an accountant. Your friend would have attorney-client priviledge.

Tell your friend not to speak with the IRS.

Please see my website at