Many growing companies get stock. They cannot accept a larger, more profitable job because they do not have the funds to finance it. A large amount of working capital can be tied up in accounts receivable. Modern factoring, at reasonable rates, can help a business get the capital it needs.
Benefits of Factoring
- Immediate Cash Flow Increase
- Based on your customer’s credit rather than your credit rating
- Ability to take advantage of early payment discounts and buying in larger quantities because you are not dependent on customers paying the last job to cover new materials, inventory and payroll.
- The factoring company frequently collects your debt so your people do not have to be the “bad guy” and can be devoted to higher profit activities.
- Frequently “no recourse” to you if the customer does not pay or is a slow pay.
What is Factoring?
Factoring is essentially Buying invoices from a business at a discount. In modern factoring, this discount ranges from 5% to 10% based upon the type of business and the credit worthiness of the customers. Typically, money is paid within a day or two of the invoice by the Factoring company.
Like a Being Paid with a Credit Card
Even though factoring has been around for thousands of years, information and technology has lowered the costs and improved the benefits. Similar to a customer paying by credit card, when the customer is invoiced, the factor pays you. Typically, the payment is 70& to 90% of the invoiced amount. When the customer pays, the factor takes its fee and pays you the balance.
Factoring is not a Loan
Factoring is not a loan, There is no debt repayment, no compromise to your balance sheet, no long-term agreements or delays associated with other methods of raising capital. Factoring allows you to use your assets to create cash for the growth needs of your business.
I can help you determine if factoring is right for your business. I also locate and negotiate with the factor. Call me at (856) 665-2121